Senior Product Strategist (Client Services)
Who We Are
DockYard is hiring for a Senior Product Strategist to join the Client Services team. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in joining a digital services consultancy on the forefront of new tech. We work with some of the world’s largest brands (i.e., Apple, Netflix) to design and develop ambitious applications for growth and transformation-minded initiatives.
What We Do
DockYard is a digital product consultancy partnering with user-centered organizations to craft impactful, inclusive, and reliable digital experiences.
Our collaborative team of experienced product strategists help clients gain a deeper understanding of their users. Armed with those insights, we use future-forward technologies and approaches to design and engineer meaningful experiences for companies and the people they serve.
From ideation to realization, we enable ambitious teams to accelerate lasting product innovation.
About the Role
The ideal candidate is equally passionate about creating great products and providing an excellent client experience. While the Senior Product Strategist is a key player in DockYard’s success and has a widespread influence across the business, generally they'll be focused on one client at a time. Whether they are supporting Business Development in creating proposals, creating or maintaining a client relationship, or optimizing delivery with the project team, the Senior Product Strategist is the expert on the client and the product from start to finish.
Business Development Support
- Collaborate with Business Development on qualified opportunities - participate in strategic calls with the prospective client, draft probing questions in order to understand business, user and technical challenges that our clients are looking to solve
- Consult with the prospective client around how they may arrive at solution(s) to the business challenge
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering leads to assist Business Development with creation of an appropriate proposal for each new client opportunity – including an expected roadmap to inform resourcing and budgetary needs.
- Assist Business Development with creation of SOWs - specifically providing in-depth and complete details regarding scope, expected timeline, resources, ways of working and anticipated deliverables
- Provide input in resourcing discussions as needed
- Lead the transition to the project development stage once the project is signed
Client Relationship Management
- Responsible for short-term and long-term client success on designated client or project by establishing a relationship strategy, managing risks, and providing tactical support (for example: handling of onboarding and offboarding, managing resourcing needs or changes, follow-through on regular retrospective action items.)
- Collaborate with Business Development to increase client value through current and future services offerings
- Lead long-term roadmap planning and key discussions - driving all related SOW conversations, resourcing discussions, or extension opportunities
- Depending on the needs of the client or project, the Strategist should be prepared to serve the product manager/product owner role on the team. This includes driving the product vision, managing priorities, writing requirements and user stories, owning the product roadmap.
- Work closely with Design Leads to drive and evolve product strategy
- Collaborate closely with client counterparts to meet product management expectations, provide guidance to assist with internal objectives.
- Use servant leadership techniques and the Agile methodology to enable the project team - including rigorously removing impediments.
- Facilitate all onboarding, product planning, demos, retrospectives and release planning meetings
- Manage the product roadmap, milestone planning and reporting
- Regularly communicate project status and escalated risks effectively, acting as the liaison between the project team and DockYard leadership and client stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Tech Lead to continuously improve the team’s performance and steward internal needs and requests for team changes.
- Collaborate with fellow Strategists to identify areas of opportunity to mature practices and mentor more junior team members.
- 7+ years experience in software development consulting or an agency role
- Scrum Master or Product Owner experience with expert knowledge of servant leadership
- Experience in business development process and effective in scoping and delivering of Agile projects
- Proven success in developing and maintaining long-term client relationships
- Creative problem solver and negotiator capable of driving progress despite ambiguity
- Comfortable with public speaking (e.g., participating in proposals, presenting to clients)
- Proficiency with modern tools for communications (e.g., Slack), productivity (e.g., GSuite)
Nice To Haves
- Technical skills or experience working with a deeply technical product
- Previous experience working for a remote company
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.