DockYard is seeking a detail-oriented, self-starter to support our day-to-day operations as Operations Associate.
Who We Are
DockYard is a digital product consultancy specializing in production-ready apps. DockYard offers a range of consulting services with capabilities in product planning, design, user experience (UX), full-stack engineering, and QA. Over the last decade, the company has solved complex product challenges for visionary brands like Netflix, Apple, Nasdaq, and Harvard.
We’re honored to have been included on guides ranging from Inc 5000 (2020, 2019) to Fast Company’s Best Places to Work for Innovators (2020) amongst others.
Reporting to the COO, the Operations Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of projects spanning Project Management, Accounting, and Internal Communications. The Operations Associate will act as the liaison between all departments to ensure cohesive excellence.
- Assist COO in planning preparation (monthly, annual, long-term) and project execution.
- Collaborate with our Business Development and Client Partner teams to manage historical hours worked and forecasted hours and projects in 10,000ft (Smartsheet) or similar tool
- Partner with Accounting to manage the efficient execution of invoicing, commissions tracking, and expense tracking
- Serve as a point of contact for client teams that are not project-facing to answer questions and facilitate our work together (e.g., client finance, procurement, and AP departments)
- In coordination with COO, manage internal communications via Slack, company newsletter, company-wide standup
- In coordination with directors, manage the internal documentation needed for new hire onboarding and ongoing alignment across departments
- Provide daily administrative support across Accounting & Finance, Insurance, and Legal
- Prepare analyses, reports, presentations for Quarterly Business Reviews
- Coordinate business-wide procedures and work to improve existing processes for maximum clarity, efficiency, and success; analyze operations to identify key metrics and opportunities for effective business operations
- Act as point of contact for internal communications
- You succeed in environments with clearly defined goals and a high level of autonomy
- 3+ years of experience in professional services environment with dynamic resourcing challenges
- You’re process-oriented but are also pragmatic
- You’re data-driven but are comfortable making decisions without all the data
- You can manage time-constrained projects with accuracy and attention to detail
- You’re comfortable managing a diverse range of projects and “switching context” throughout the day
- You have a comprehensive set of technical, financial, business, project management, and resource management skills
- You’re comfortable working in a Google Workspace ecosystem (i.e., Google Docs, Google Sheets)
- You are a strong writer with experience creating process documents, internal guides, external memos, and client communications
- You have experience building presentations and are comfortable presenting in meetings with leadership
Nice To Haves
- Effective relationship-building capability in order to maintain good relationship with all departments and its staff, management, associates and funders
- Prior experience or interest in systems thinking
Perks & Benefits
- We are a distributed company.
- Company provided Apple laptop
- 100% company paid Medical plan option for you and your family
- 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D
- 401k with employer match
- Annual stipend for books, conferences, and trainings
- Generous paid time off
- Company Retreats
Remote (U.S. based only)
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.