Client Partner - Strategist
DockYard is hiring a Client Partner - Strategist to join the Client Services team to manage the health and longevity of an engagement, the project team, and the client relationship.
Who We Are
DockYard is a digital product consultancy specializing in production-ready apps. DockYard offers a range of consulting services with capabilities in product planning, design, user experience (UX), full-stack engineering, and QA. Over the last decade, the company has solved complex product challenges for visionary brands like Netflix, Apple, Nasdaq, and Harvard.
We’re honored to have been included on guides ranging from Inc 5000 (2020, 2019) to Fast Company’s Best Places to Work for Innovators (2020) amongst others.
At the highest level, the Client Partner - Strategist at DockYard is an expert on the client and the product from start to finish. This role is directly responsible for the health and longevity of an engagement, the project team, and the client relationship. Generally this role will be focused on one client at a time (either on one larger engagement or overseeing a portfolio of engagements under one company).
We serve a variety of different engagements, and therefore our Client Partners at DockYard must be experienced and skilled in adapting to the different needs of our clients. The ideal candidate must have a strong command of client consulting and modern product development processes, and ability to play multiple hats that will change per engagement. This role is a fit for individuals that thrive in an ever changing environment, and enjoy leaning into different client and product skill sets that can change from day to day.
Client Partnership Management
- Nurture and grow client partnership - Collaborate with Business Development to increase client value through current and future services offerings
- Grow expertise around client’s industry, its products users, and its company culture to help inform Business Development on growth and retention opportunities
- Collaborate with appropriate disciplines to develop creative proposals for new opportunities focusing on unique client needs
- Provide coaching and servant leadership to help product teams achieve optimal performance in the DockYard Way as Scrum Master.
- Use servant leadership techniques and the Agile methodology to enable the project team in collaboration with other project leads.
- Support resource onboarding and offboarding and continually optimize processes and documentation, making recommendations internally and to the client.
- Serve as escalation point for projects when needed
- Report on overall health and dynamic of project teams to leadership; provide feedback to management on opportunities for team members to be more successful.
Client-Facing Project Management
- Regularly communicate project status and escalated risks effectively, acting as the liaison between the project team, DockYard leadership, and client stakeholders.
- Provides engagement quality assurance and leadership
- Gathers and delivers feedback to the client team; facilitates escalation of concerns and improvements at regular intervals
- Depending on the needs of the client or project, the Client Partner should be prepared to serve as the Product Owner on the team (own the product roadmap, milestone planning, writing requirements and user stories, managing priorities, etc)
- Collaborate closely with client counterparts to meet product ownership expectations, provide guidance to assist with internal objectives.
- Work closely with Design and Engineering Leads to drive and evolve product strategy
- Travel 1-2x per quarter or as needed to build client partnership
- 5+ years experience in software development consulting or an agency role
- Experience in the business development process
- Experience with identifying, creating and leading different engagement types, including Product Discovery
- Proven success in developing and maintaining long-term client relationships
- Experience with Agile development - Scrum Master experience preferred
- Comfortable with public speaking (e.g., participating in proposals, presenting to clients)
- Proficiency with modern tools for communications (e.g., Slack), productivity (e.g., GSuite)
Nice To Haves
- Technical skills or experience working with a deeply technical product
- Previous experience working for a remote company
Perks & Benefits
- We are a distributed company.
- Company provided Apple laptop
- 100% company paid Medical plan option for you and your family
- 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D
- 401k with employer match
- Annual stipend for books, conferences, and trainings
- Generous paid time off
- Company Retreats
Mid to Senior Level
Remote (U.S. based only)
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.